7 Oct 2015

Try hard and fail even harder!

There was no new posts for a long time. I decided to upload a few screenshots of my attempt of making larger rooms.


Looks fine so far!


The idea was quite simple: make visibility range wider. Let me explain (or embroil) it with a picture:

I just wanted my excel game to be able to 'render' AFTER rooms.


Unfortunately...

Well, that's only one shape... I can fix it!

...something...

Just a few more things. Maybe there is still hope!

...went...

Oh, I give up! I need a break!

...terribly wrong!


I know, I know. I messed VBA code up. I'm going to try to correct the errors and make it work. It will take probably a lot of time, but I don't care!

I! WANT! BIGGER! ROOMS! GODDAMMIT!


Luckily, one new part of code works well: turn system
It allows every character to make one move forward per turn. It will be possible to turn around as much as you want, as long as you stay in the same place. After player's turn, enemies will move and attack (if it is possible).


What's next (except for new 'view distance')?
I'd like to make two categories of enemies: melee fighters and ones that attack from distance. It will require a new 'addition' to the movement macro.
I also think that it would be nice to show some of my code on here. Not everything, 24k lines of code is a little bit too much, but at least some parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment