1 Apr 2015

General info / Functions / VBA - Some debugging, improvements etc.

Just a little update about little bugs I got rid of. And a little addition of gameplay info. [long digression inc.]




So, let's start with information first!
Cells Dungeon has some functions and vba code that creates items with randomly generated names and statistics. I wanted this 'system' to produce stupid names- I can't forget Space Hack where enemies had probably the worst names I've ever seen- e.g. 'Bezlitosny Opiekacz' which literally means 'Merciless Toaster'. I decieded to make my idea real and... items have dumb names!

Yeah, pure stupidity!
Names and stats of itmes are based on 4 different variables (shown below). Such combination allows Excel to provide player with a large amount of weapons, armors, helmets etc. Because of number of different items' types, I had to use Vlookup instead of Choose function. Luckily, it doesn't slow down the game!

Another worksheet contains data related to the player's inventory. That's the place where all cells with text and values are being mixed. There is also a magical column L (in case of weapons)! It was added today and it repairs names that were just... without any sense. Well, my for someone 'Sword of Sad' is a good name for a weapon ;>



There were also small errors with code: health potions couldn't be found in the inventory and I forgot to set calculations to automatic after disabling them ;D. Also fixed awful trade's userform.

That's everything for now! Hope you didn't die from boredom!

WARNING: Playable version is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment